Cycling England Factsheets
- Cycling and Health report and leaflet, 2007: targeted at health professionals, outlining the benefits of cycling and what Primary Care Trusts can do.
- Department of Health: Physical Activity Factsheet, Dept of Health 2006: lists the benefits of physical activity, and how the Dept of Health is promoting it.
- Health on Wheels, 2006: a guide to developing cycling referral projects, where health professionals refer patients to suitable cycling programmes.
- Cycling England: Smart Measures Portfolio, 2007: deals with initiatives that complement infrastructure such as incentives, information, training and promotion.
- Marketing Cycling Handbook, Cycling England, 2005: Outlines the principles of marketing and how to apply them to cycling, in a practical workbook.
- Cycling to Work: Employer Leaflet, Cycling England 2006: outlines the benefits and answers common questions on the Government's Cycle to Work tax incentive scheme
- Cycling to Work: Employee Leaflet, Cycling England 2006: explains how the Government's Cycle to Work tax incentive scheme works.
- Workplace Cycle Parking Guide, TfL 2006: a guide for organisations wishing to provide cycle parking for staff and to encourage more to cycle to work.
- Pool Bikes for Business, TfL 2007: a practical guide for businesses wanting to set up a pool bike scheme for their staff.
Engineering & Planning
- Cycling England: Design Checklist, 2007: simple checklist for use by engineers, with web links to detailed design guidance on Cycling England website.
- Notes on Good Practice Common in Europe, Cycling England, 2005: This internal note has been distributed to the Cycling Demonstration Towns. It encourage local authorities to learn from examples elsewhere Europe, including some that would not be permitted in the UK at present.
- Local Transport Note 1/04 Policy, Planning and Design for Walking and Cycling, DfT Consultation Draft, 2004. Guidance on deciding whether a route shared by cyclists and pedestrians is likely to be appropriate. Awaiting final version from DfT.
- Local Transport Note 2/04 Adjacent and Shared Use Facilities for Pedestrians and Cyclists, DfT Consultation Draft, 2004. Guidance on
the design of routes shared between cyclists and pedestrians. Awaiting final version from DfT.
- Local Transport Note on Cycling Infrastructure Design, DfT Consultation Draft, 2007: New comprehensive guidance on designing for cyclists.
- Manual for Streets, DfT 2007: Updated guidance on street design in new residential areas. Places the need for movement in the wider context of the need to strengthen communities and create attractive places.
- Cycle Parking: Sustrans / CTC Joint Information Sheet, 2004: detailed guidance on the design and location of cycle parking.